Basketball or Volleyball...Which requires more skill?

It is a given that both basketball and volleyball require skills to be good at either sport. While the two sports do have some similar skills that are needed in order to play the sports effectively, there may be some skills that one sport needs more so than the other. I have played both sports for a while now, and I find myself to be better at volleyball, and I believe that I am because being a setter in the sport, I believe it requires more of the smarts and strategies than basketball. I enjoy using my smarts to help my team win. Then on the other hand, in basketball, you also need to have some brains for the sport because teams run plays and have various forms of defenses and what not. 

Basketball has a lot more physical aspects of the games and contains a lot of running and sprinting throughout games, demonstrating that basketball needs more physical skills and toughness and more conditioning at times. While there is no physical aspects (contact between players on opposing teams) in volleyball, the sport does also have a good amount of sprinting and jumping for players. One skill that is essential for both basketball and volleyball is teamwork. Being able to be a good team player and use your teammates to your own and the team's advantage is a great way to show your own skillset off to others. The two sports are so different, it is almost impossible to answer which sport requires more skill, since each has a different skillset needed to play the sports. 

I am curious to see what you all have to say. What do you think requires more skill, basketball or volleyball?


***IMPORTANT*** Don't forget about the merchandise available from the Elite Basketball and Volleyball Drillmasters shop! 

These tank tops have been a hot commodity for the female fans! They are available for $21.59 and also comes in a yellow color. Go check it out!








Comments